Sunday, January 13, 2013

Life Size Snowmen

Who loves snowmen? I do!! I can't say that I've ever actually built one, but I love them and have quite the collection. The "winter" weather in Texas does not usually allow for snow, much less snow that will stay long enough for us to be able to get out and enjoy it. One day, when my children are older, I hope to travel somewhere, find snow, and build a snowman with my family!

On that note, Friday before I left work I decided I needed to make life size snowmen for my students to be able to manipulate during an upcoming sequencing lesson.To give you an idea of the size of the snowmen, I have laid a remote control on the snowman. 


I made enough white pieces for two snowmen with the intention of also targeting pronouns after constructing the snowmen in our classroom. "He has ____." "She has ____." 

The pieces were made of bulletin board paper and then I laminated them for durability. (I plan to store them and use them in the future) The laminate also allows for sticky tack to be stuck to the back during use and removed when finished without ripping the paper. 

I will take more pictures while we are constructing our snowmen this week and let you all know how it turned out. 

Stay tuned! :)

If you find this post helpful, have suggestions, or would like to leave feedback please comment below. 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment