Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I've Tried This, Tuesday

Hi there!

Today seemed like such a LONG day after having been off for a three-day weekend! If you had a three-day weekend I hope it was a restful one. :)

In an effort to share my thoughts and new materials/resources I am going to refer to today's post as "I've Tried This, Tuesday." 

Recently the SLPs in my district gathered together for a meeting in which we shared a favorite material, idea, app, etc. I am going to share a few with you here that I have personally tried & used. 

The first one is one that I have come to use when introducing speech sounds to students. It is an iPhone app called SmallTalk Phonemes. It can be installed on your iPad as well to allow for a larger picture. The app features examples of consonant and vowel sound productions. The students enjoy being able to touch the screen and scroll through the different sounds to find their speech sounds. 

 


The other resource that was shared was: The Picture Book Teachers Edition. The blog can be found here: http://thepicturebookteachersedition.blogspot.com/ What I enjoy most about this blog is the Searchable Book List that is found in the column to the right on the blog. The list is made up of over 75 books. The list includes book title, author, theme, reading level, an activity that was created, and the link to the TPT store for the activity. This list is very helpful if you are in need of books to target a specific goal, i.e. inferencing, sequencing, & compare/contrast to name a few. 


Have you ever used either of these resources? Were they helpful to you? Are there other resources you would like to share as part of "I've Tried This, Tuesday?" If so, please leave a comment and/or feedback. 

Thank you for stopping by & take care, 
Natalie


Check back next Tuesday for more of
"I've Tried This, Tuesday!"



No comments:

Post a Comment